Welcome to the El Campo High School Library
Leah Morton, Librarian
7:30 am to 4:00 pm
Students may come in before or after school and during lunch.
Library Electronic Card Catalog
The ECHS Library collection may be accessed from any computer with Internet access through Follett's Destiny automation system.
- Students need a pass signed by the teacher when coming to the library. The only exception is if it is your off period.
- Students must sign in on the computer upon entering the library.
- Students must be respectful of other students by using quiet voices.
- Food, candy, and drinks are not allowed by the computers.
- Students are expected to return their books on time and in good condition.
Please ask for assistance when you need it. We are here to help you!
Check out Procedures
- Books are checked out for four weeks.
- Students may renew books for an additional four weeks if not finished.
- Students may have up to three books checked out at a time, not including books checked out for a teacher or your calculator.
- Due dates are stamped inside the book cover.
- Students may not check out another book if they have an overdue book or a fine.
Please be kind to others and return books on time and in good condition so that others may also enjoy the books.
Lost or Damaged Books
- Students must pay for books that are damaged beyond repair.
- Students must pay for lost books and equipment.
- Students may not check out another book until damaged or lost book are paid for.
- The library’s computers are for school assignments. Understand that Internet games are only permitted if they are school appropriate and computers are not needed for class work.
- Students must have an AUP (Acceptable Us Policy) on file in the office to use the computers.
- Black and white copies are free as long as they are for school assignments.
- Black and white copies for personal use will cost $0.05 per page.
- Color copies cost $0.25 per page.